Do you remember doing something or remember to do it? That’s a question that a lot of English learners ask me all the time. Actually, remember doing and remember to do have a totally different meaning and usage. Do you know what it is? For today’s English lesson, let’s have a look at how you can use these phrases with remember in your English conversations and writing!
Here are the example sentences:
Listen to the podcast or the check the transcript for the details
- I remember going to the beach in the summer as a kid.
- Joe doesn’t remember singing at the party. Maybe he was too drunk.
- Do you remember playing basketball in the park when we were in high school?
- My father always remembered to bring the big red and white beach umbrella.
- Joe didn’t remember to bring his karaoke machine to the party. (He forgot to bring it.)
- Please remember to remove your shoes when you enter the house.
If you know anyone who might be interested in this English language point, why not help them out! Just share this lesson with them. Thanks for studying today!