Right now, you are reading this information. You are probably looking at your smartphone or sitting at your computer. Well, I’m sure you know that in English, when you talk about what you are doing now, you use the BE + ING pattern. But did you know that the present progressive tense is not just used to talk about what you are doing at the moment. For today’s English lesson, let’s have a look at how you can use this useful grammar in your English conversations and writing!
Here are the example sentences:
Listen to the podcast or the check the transcript for the details
- I’m sitting in my office.
- As I am writing this lesson, I am listening to the radio.
- Someone is talking about books.
- I’m reading a book about social media.
- George is working on his MBA.
- Jack is working on a redesign of the company website.
- After work today, I’m going to meet a friend for coffee.
- I’m working this Saturday.
- Joe is meeting his sister at JFK tomorrow.
If you know anyone who might be interested in this English language point, why not help them out! Just share this lesson with them. Thanks for studying today!