Right now, you are reading this information. You are probably looking at your smartphone or sitting at your computer. Well, I’m sure you know that in English, when you talk about what you are doing now, you use the BE + ING pattern. But did you know that the present progressive tense is not just used to talk about what you are doing at the moment. For today’s English lesson, let’s have a look at how you can use this useful grammar in your English conversations and writing!
Here are the example sentences:
Listen to the podcast or the check the transcript for the details
- I’m sitting in my office.
- As I am writing this lesson, I am listening to the radio.
- Someone is talking about books.
- I’m reading a book about social media.
- George is working on his MBA.
- Jack is working on a redesign of the company website.
- After work today, I’m going to meet a friend for coffee.
- I’m working this Saturday.
- Joe is meeting his sister at JFK tomorrow.
If you know anyone who might be interested in this English language point, why not help them out! Just share this lesson with them. Thanks for studying today!
FREE Phrasal Verb Workshop
Let’s Master Phrasal Verbs & Vocabulary
In this FREE phrasal verb and vocabulary workshop I’ll teach you
- What phrasal verbs are and how we use them
- Why it is important for you to study phrasal verbs
- How to learn and actually remember this vocabulary using my proven 3 Easy Step Method.
My students tell me that it’s easy to learn phrasal verbs but really difficult to remember them when you need to use them. Now, I’ll show you how to do both!
Start really building your vocabulary today! And get my FREE pdf: 50 Phrasal Verbs
CHECK OUT MY TRANSCRIPTS & BOOKS
Just $27 per month
This is the ultimate package for podcast English fans!
This package includes all of the podcast English lessons, including this episode!. You get:
- Get every podcast PDF and mP3 for past and future episodes
- Over 600 English Lessons
- Weekly LIVE Group Coaching with Michael
- Access to Michael’s private Telegram group
FREE Updates Every New Podcast
Whenever there is new podcast, including this one, I will update this file and you can get a free updates.
Learn Grammar, Americans Idioms, Phrasal Verbs, Vocabulary and more!