109 Phrasal Verbs Second Edition
PDF eBook (+11 extra phrasal verbs!)
- 120 PHRASAL VERBS!
- 120 Mp3 Audio Files
- The DEFINITION of each phrasal verb.
- How to USE the phrasal verb.
- The STRUCTURE showing the grammar pattern of the phrasal verb.
- 720 EXAMPLE sentences to see how the phrasal verb is used in context.
- 12 QUIZZES to test your learning.
- 12 PRACTICE exercise questions to give you the chance to use the phrasal verb.
- 10 Bonus Confusing Vocabulary Lessons
- 5 Survival English lessons
- It’s designed for self-study.
- This book was written by an English teacher with over 20 years experience.
- It’s an eBook, so you just need to download it and keep a copy on your computer, tablet, or smartphone.
- It’s available with separate Mp3 Audio files.
- It’s got a paperback version.
- It can help you prepare for TOEIC, TOEFL, and IELTS exams.
A phrasal verb is a verb + preposition that we use as an idiom. Some examples are: call off, calm down, drag on, drop off, figure out, fill out, give in, hang out, kick off, look into, make up, pick up, put off, run into, show up, take off, think up, try on, turn on, work out, etc… ut, etc…
Phrasal verbs are commonly used in everyday, conversational English. It is more natural to say, “Please put out your cigarette,” than “Please extinguish your cigarette.” I encourage you to study the lessons in this book, and begin using these phrasal verbs in your conversations. You will sound more natural when you do so.